Basix International brings together system design, engineering and implementation together with traffic accommodation experience and management expertise creating a synergy of skills and knowledge as an uncompromising partner to the transport industry. Disciplines covered during the implementation of transportation related projects include: project management; managing of all sub-contractors; CCTV camera and equipment, design, supply and installation of high speed communication infrastructure and relevant switching equipment, variable message signs, mobile traffic control solutions, vehicle detection systems, control and command centers.
Internationally, highways of today experience severe traffic congestion which ultimately has a negative effect on productivity, vehicle running costs, man hours needlessly spent in traffic, and the negative effect of pollution on the environment. Proving extra road capacity does not always offer ideal and practical solutions.
Intelligent Transport Systems offer a range of solutions to meet these challenges and must be capable of providing the following in the shortest possible time:
- Monitor all factors contributing to driving conditions and detect traffic accidents and / or any other safety critical situation.
- Provide adequate solutions to all incidents and for safety critical situations.
- Warn motorists of all incidents and critical situations and provide them with maximum protection of unwanted consequences.
The following systems for surveillance, control and management of traffic are installed long the highway:
- Video Surveillance
- Emergency Roadside Telephone System
- Traffic Signaling Systems
- Data Transmission system
- Over-height Vehicle Detection Systems
- Automatic vehicle counter / classifying systems
- Weigh-in-motion - detection of overloaded vehicle systems
- Road weather information systems
- CCTV Traffic Monitoring
- Variable Message Signs
- Mobile Traffic Control Systems
- Traffic Detection
- Traffic Control and Monitoring
- Public Transport Solutions
- Urban Traffic Control
- Intelligent Transport Solutions
- Traffic Control Centers
- LED Traffic Products
- Weigh in Motion
- Communication Infrastructures
- Smart Algorithms
Basix International has been involved with conceptual and practical testing of the various communications and technologies at the highest level for the transport industry. IP-based communication platforms provide future upgrade paths and allow for the addition of other IP-based electronic traffic control devices such as vehicle detection systems and variable message signs. These sub-stations can be integrated into a complete holistic urban traffic control or freeway management system.
With the implementation of variable message signs, motorists are informed of accidents, congestion and the changes in traffic flow thereby allowing them to make informed decisions about their journey and providing the opportunity to take alternative routes. Smaller tactical variable message signs can be installed on dangerous sections of the highway informing motorists of traffic build up around blind corners or rises.
Traffic detection sensor technology detects the presence and movement of vehicles and monitors changes in traffic flow conditions. The Sensys magneto-resistive sensors are wireless, transmitting their detection data in real-time to a nearby access point that relays the data to a Traffic Control Center or traffic signals in an urban traffic control application. This data can be transmitted over a wired communications infrastructure or alternatively over wireless communication links.
Basix International offers a wide range of solutions for the operation and control of all forms of public transport such as buses, trams and trains.
These software and hardware solutions standardize the planning control and optimization of vehicle fleets; the operational network and creating timetables; dispatching of personnel and vehicles; ticketing, ticket sales & fare calculations; control of services and quality management.
It is most apparent that mobile video surveillance has gone from being a "nice to have technology to being an absolute must-have" to protect passengers and vehicles and improve upon investigations and liability claims. Basix International offers state-of-the-art high performance on-board Video Surveillance Solutions for buses, trams & trains and also for prosecuting authorities such as police vehicles.
Basix has been involved with many transportation related projects from inception.
The below highlights some of the contracts which have been awarded to date in the Republic of South Africa:
- ITS project: the supply and installation of CCTV Cameras;
- The project management of civil works;
- The design, supply and installation of a high speed fibre optic network
- Network Management Center
- The supply and installation of Variable Message Signs and communications links
- The supply and installation of Traffic Detection Systems
- Traffic Management Center for Command and Control
- The supply and installation of CCTV cameras and management recording system for the Rea Vaya Bus Rapid Transit project.
- The supply and installation of the surveillance head-end for the management recording system for the Gautrain project
Basix International, with its vast experience in providing electronic solutions to the transportation industry has unlimited access to internationally recognized expertise and has strong alliances with a number of manufacturing and product suppliers worldwide. Basix offers services ranging from consultation, design, engineering, supply, installation, project management, service and long term maintenance. Basix shares its experience and in depth knowledge of true integration of these complex solutions and unconditional support with its clients.